SALT LAKE CITY — In case you thought Utah’s nationwide parks have been getting increasingly more crowded, you have been proper. In reality, it seems considered one of them has turn out to be one of the in style nationwide parks within the nation.
What is going on on: USA At the moment lately revealed an inventory of the “10 hottest national parks in America.”
- The record ranked the parks based mostly off of attendance numbers in 2017.
- The info was offered by the National Park Service, which reported 330 million complete guests got here to NPS sites through the 2017 season.
- Based on the NPS, 385 of the 417 parks within the Nationwide Park System hold monitor of park attendance.
- Zion National Park in Southern Utah came in third on the record.
A Southern Utah treasure: In accordance with USA Right now, Zion had a complete of four,504,812 visitors in 2017.
- The one different parks that drew bigger crowds have been Great Smoky Mountains Nationwide Park (eleven,388,893) and Grand Canyon (6,254,238).
- “As a result of it is situated close to the Colorado Plateau, Great Basin and Mojave Desert areas, it has a number of the most original landscapes full of mountains, canyons, rivers, arches, desert, and forests,” stated USA As we speak author Kae Lani Kennedy.
- Kennedy also famous that Zion can also be necessary in terms of learning the lives of historic indigenous individuals.
- Zion Nationwide Park is one of many five national parks situated in Utah.
What parks did Zion beat out?: Several notable parks ranked lower on USA In the present day’s listing when it comes to attendance.
- Yellowstone: America’s first nationwide park made the record on the sixth spot.
- Yosemite: The house of El Capitan came in on the fifth spot.
- Glacier: Glacier made the record at quantity 10.
Learn more at USA In the present day.