Electric scooter fire in U. building forces classes to relocate


SALT LAKE CITY — A small electrical scooter hearth pressured a number of courses in a University of Utah building to relocate Wednesday, officers stated.

About 12:40 p.m., a scholar’s personal scooter was parked in a hallway on the third flooring of the James E. Talmage Constructing when it caught hearth, in response to a information release from the college.

About one hundred forty people who have been in the constructing on the time safely evacuated and the Salt Lake Hearth Department shortly extinguished the hearth, the discharge states.

Seven afternoon courses have been moved, including math and chemistry courses.

The hearth triggered minor injury to some flooring tiles, officials stated. A cleanup company was clearing the odor of smoke from the constructing.

U. Hearth Marshal Clint Haymond stated the hearth appeared to have been brought on by the scooter’s lithium ion battery system. It was not being charged when it caught hearth, based on the discharge.

Officers stated the building will probably be reevaluated Thursday at eight a.m. and asked students to verify for updates about classroom places on the university’s website, attheu.utah.edu/.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *